Please Login / Create an Account to Follow this Company.Login
Please Login / Create an Account to Message.Login
About The New India Assurance Company Limited
Our Parent Company, The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. is a Multinational General Insurance Company, with its headquarters base in Mumbai, India. The company was founded in the year 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata, a well respected businessman and humanitarian of his time. The company was nationalised in the year 1974, and today, 100% equity of the company is held by the Government of India. New India has been leaders in India Non-life Insurance market for more than 40 years, with operations spanning across the globe with a network of ~2100 offices and Premium base of ~ US$ 2.5 billion. New India has AM Best rating of A-(Excellent) with stable outlook.
New India’s foreign operations have commenced decades back and today it operates in 27 countries through subsidiaries, agency operations, direct branches and associate companies. In addition, New India has also equity participation in Insurance companies in Singapore, Kenya, Saudi Arabia & Jordan. London Branch has been in operations for past 95 years and has a desk at Lloyds and operations in many countries like Japan, Mauritius etc are more than 50 years old. New India has subsidiary companies in Trinidad & Tobago, named as ‘The New India Assurance Co (Trinidad & Togabo) Ltd’. and another in Nigeria, named as ‘Prestige Assurance Plc’, based out of Lagos. New India has equity participation in Kenindia Assurance Co Ltd, Nairobi, WAFA Insurance (SICCI) in Saudi Arabia, India International Insurance Pvt. Ltd. in Singapore and Asian Reinsurance Corporation, Bangkok.
The New India’s presence in the Caribbean Region signifies the vision of the founder Chairman Sir Dorabji Tata, who said in 1919 “New India is not a Bombay Insurance company, or a company solely working in India, but may claim to be a world-wide company.”
The New India started its operations in the Caribbean in the year 1946 through New Mercantile Agencies. In 1966, consequent upon enforcement of a new Insurance Act, New India established full fledged branches at Port of Spain and San Fernando.
The New India Assurance (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited was finally incorporated on 1st February 1976 and started operations from 1st July 1977. The company has ever since growing and expanding its network of Agencies and Branches in other islands viz. St Lucia, St Marteen/ Anguilla, Dominica and recently started operations in Guyana.
Fire and Special Perils, Business Interruption, Machinery Breakdown, Erection All Risks, Contractor’s All Risks, Employer’s Liability, Workmen Compensation, Fidelity Guarantee, Goods/Money in Transit, Plate Glass, Personal Accident, Public/product Liability, Travel Accident (Baggage).
• To be an industry leader that provides world class general insurance services.
• We will achieve significant and sustainable growth by having competent, professional and caring staff and leveraging modern technology to provide stakeholders with the very best in industry practices
Our core values
• Integrity ... adding quality and value to the business.
• Empathy... understanding the customers’ internal experiences and circumstances.
• Commitment to service excellence... putting our customers at the core of what we do.
• Proactive... identification and exploitation of opportunities by action and result oriented behaviour.
• Collaborative... developing skills in oral communication through satisfactory learning experiences.
• Teamwork... together everyone achieves more.