Who's Who
 
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Find Individuals
Find Companies
Select Industry
Home > Industries > Energy and Energy-Related Industries > BP Trinidad & Tobago (bpTT)
Company Details

BP Trinidad and Tobago (bpTT)

Harnessing energy for success

BP Trinidad and Tobago (bpTT) is a member of the BP Group and one of the leading companies in Trinidad and Tobago's energy sector. 

With 13 offshore platforms, our combined oil and gas production is over 450,000 barrels of oil equivalent daily.  We are the country's largest hydrocarbon producer, accounting for more that 67 per cent of the nation's oil and gas production.

Although owned by two international operating companies (BP - 70% and Repsol - 30%) our company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is a national of Trinidad and Tobago and our company has a distinctively national identity, outlook and character.

Our operations are responsible for the employment of more than 2,000 persons directly and indirectly, through contractors and independent operators.

BPTT's hydrocarbon production virtually doubled over the last five years, with natural gas accounting for close to 90 per cent of this growth.  Gas sales average approximately 2.5 billion standard cubic feet daily. About 60 per cent of our natural gas is exported as LNG - almost all of it goes to the United States.  The other 40 per cent is sold for use as fuel or feedstock for local industry.

BPTT believes that the key to long-range sustainability is building local expertise in all areas of the national petroleum industry - from exploration for oil and gas to the design and construction of platforms and the installation of pipelines.

We have already taken the development of local capability to an astonishing height by the extensive use of in-country expertise to build the first offshore platform ever designed and constructed with over 40% local input.  Following the commissioning of the Cannonball platform in 2005, four further platforms, Mango Cashima, Savonette and Serrette were also locally designed and constructed with 80% of the laboour performed by Trinidad and Tobago nationals

In the field of social development, bpTT works closely with community organizations, the people, and government for mutually beneficial relationships.

Our strongest focus is on interventions in education, arts and culture, environmental preservation, enterprise development and capacity building.

We are, for example, closely involved with the development of national skills in engineering, petroleum geosciences, and other areas of study at the University of the West Indies (UWI) and the newly established University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT).  Another outstanding example of our company's commitment to education is the Mayaro Resource Centre - a former employee recreational facility which has been converted into a virtual campus, already successfully addressing the needs of this rural community to tertiary levels.

We are of course committed to safety in our operations and protection of the environment.  Our commitment may be summed up simply:

No accidents, no harm to people, and no damage to the environment.  We continue to effectively drive down the environmental impact of our operations through ongoing training programmes, and the reduction of waste, emissions and discharges.

Contact Details

BP Trinidad and Tobago (bpTT)

Website: www.bp.com



Home  | Industries  | Articles  | About Us  | T&T Fast Facts  | Get Listed  | Partners  | Feedback  | Site Map  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use

Contact info.