June 23rd, 2020
New System in Place for Passport Services at Immigration Division
The Ministry of Security announced the resumption of passport services at its Immigration Division offices. The following changes to passport services have been implemented:
- The Immigration Division office located at 67 Frederick Street, Port of Spain, has been relocated to the Government Campus Plaza, No 3-9 Richmond Street, Port of Spain.
- The previous call-in system used to make appointments has been discontinued. Passport appointments will now be facilitated online via the website https://www.ttpassport.info/
- Nationals seeking an appointment to apply for a first-time Machine Readable Passport or for a renewal, will be required to book their appointment online.
- Persons who missed their passport appointment during the period March 31, 2020 to June 05, 2020, will be accommodated from Monday June 15, 2020 utilizing a daily alphabetical system. The temporary alphabetical system will be utilized at ALL Immigration (passport) offices as follows:
- Mondays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters A to D
- Tuesdays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters E to K
- Wednesdays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters L to Q
- Thursdays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters R to T
- Fridays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters U to Z
- Only persons who missed passport appointments during the period March 31, 2020 to June 05, 2020 will be accommodated using this temporary system.
- All applicants must produce their appointment reference number in order to be accommodated under the temporary system. Persons not in possession of all the required documents when they visit immigration offices will be directed to schedule a new appointment.
- Expedited passport applications will only be facilitated at the Immigration office located at the Government Campus Plaza, No 3-9 Richmond Street, Port of Spain.
Persons with queries related to passport services can contact the Immigration Division via email at: [email protected]