NCB Merchant Bank (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited (NCBMBTT) is a Trinidad & Tobago-based non-bank Financial Institution, Broker-Dealer and a member of the Trinidad & Tobago Stock Exchange. NCBMBTT is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Trinidad & Tobago and the Trinidad & Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission.
In December 2013, NCBMBTT was acquired by NCB Capital Markets Limited; the Jamaican-based Asset & Wealth Management and Investment Banking subsidiary of the NCB Financial Group (NCBFG), the oldest and largest financial group in Jamaica. NCBFG is cross-listed on the Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica Stock Exchanges and has an asset base in excess of USD 12 Billion and a capital base of circa USD 1 Billion. NCBFG owns 100% of National Commercial Bank Jamaica Ltd; Jamaica’s largest and most profitable financial institution. It is also the single largest shareholder of Guardian Holdings Ltd, the Caribbean’s largest insurance conglomerate and owns a 50.1% majority stake in Clarien Group Ltd, owner of Bermuda’s 3rd largest commercial bank, Clarien Bank Ltd.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
NCBMBTT is authorized to conduct the following classes of business:
- Loans and Leases (including vehicle and specialized equipment financing and commercial mortgages)
- Licensed FX Dealer (NCBMBTT is one of thirteen licensed FX dealers in Trinidad & Tobago. Business is done in most major currencies including US Dollars, Japanese Yen, Great Britain Pounds, Euros and Canadian Dollars)
- Insurance Premium Financing
- Structured Trade Financing (including receivables factoring & reverse factoring)
- Fixed Deposits (NCBMBTT offers Fixed Deposits in both TTD and USD and is a member of the Deposit Insurance Corporation. Fixed Deposits are offered for terms of one to five years and for less than one year for similarly licensed institutions and insurance companies)
- Repurchase Agreements (NCBMBTT offers repos in both TTD and USD)
- Stock Broking
- Private Wealth Management
- Investment Banking
OUR INVESTMENT BANKING SERVICES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Debt Capital Markets (including arranging and underwriting fixed income asset issuances)
- Equity Capital Markets (including arranging and underwriting and underwriting Initial & Additional Public Offerings)
- Arranging and underwriting Assets of the Alternative Investments Class (including mezzanine facilities and subordinated debt structures, preference shares, sale & lease back and BOLT structures)
- Bond and short term government securities trading (NCBMBTT is a 2nd Tier Primary Dealer for Open Market Operations)
- Syndicated loans
- Project financing