Lara Quentrall-Thomas, MBA.
January 13th, 2022
“Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandburg COO, Facebook
Lara Quentrall-Thomas, MBA. Chairman and Founder of Regency Recruitment and Resources Limited
Those words sum up the life’s work, thus far, for Lara Quentrall-Thomas, MBA. Chairman and Founder of Regency Recruitment and Resources Limited, Lara came back to Trinidad from her native UK in 1996 and embarked on what may be her most widely known portfolio. This year, as Regency celebrates its 25th year in business, Lara is proudly leading one of the most respected recruitment agencies in the region. But Lara is much, much more than just a businesswoman. She is a mentor, philanthropist, teacher, fur-baby mama, daughter, sister and friend. In her professional life she has chosen a vocation that reaches out to persons and finds a way to make their lives better, either through gaining employment, support in times of downturn or training for personal and professional betterment and in her personal life, she strives to do the same.
She has held/currently holds Board positions where she believes she can make a difference:
– President – Trinidad and Tobago Coalition of Services Industries (TTCSI)
– Acting President – T&T Organization of Recruitment Service Providers (TTORSP)
– Board Member – National Training Agency (NTA)
– Board Member – Youth Business Trinidad and Tobago
– Former Director – Office of Procurement Regulation Board (OPR)
– Former Director – National Economic Advisory Board
– District Governor, District 7030 – Rotary International
– Founding Member – Association of Female Executives of Trinidad and Tobago (AFETT)
Outside of her work at Regency Recruitment this powerhouse is always busy and is involved in a myriad of other nation building and charitable works. Where does she find the time to pursue other passions and personal interest?? It’s hard to say, but Lara is determined to work to the benefit of society and in particular women, while enjoying time invested in city travel, book stores, historical European fiction, British murder mysteries, animal welfare and mahjong. Truly a well balanced and inspirational leader, making an impact that will be felt for generations to come!