Energy Chamber to host the Caribbean Sustainable Energy Conference 2022, January 24th– 26th
January 21st, 2022
The Energy Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago first established this conference back in 2017 and the conference has since grown in terms of its prominence in the energy landscape in T&T and the wider region.
The conference had several iterations of its name, most recently the Energy Efficiency and Renewables Conference, but going forward it will be known as the “The Caribbean Sustainable Energy Conference” to ensure that it fully represents all topics under the energy transition and issues facing the Caribbean region.
This year’s conference has as its theme ‘Can we achieve NetZero by 2050?’ and features a very strong line-up of experts who will address issues related to the themes for each day, namely, the Electricity Sector, the Industrial Sector and the Transport Sector.
Our robust line-up of expert speakers includes:
- Hon. Stuart Young, Minister of Energy and Energy Industries, Trinidad and Tobago
- Hon. Camille Robinson-Regis, Minister of Planning and Development, Trinidad and Tobago
- Hon. Daryl Vaz, Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology, Jamaica
- Prof. Avinash Persaud, Special Envoy to the Prime Minister of Barbados on Investment and Financial Services, Barbados
- Nick Boyle, Group CEO of Lightsource bp,
- Dr. John Murton, UK Government’s COP26 Envoy
- Racquel Moses, Chief Executive Officer, Caribbean Climate Smart Accelerator
- Dr. Gary Jackson, Executive Director, Caribbean Centre for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (CCREEE)
- Anne Louise Koefoed, Principal Researcher in the Energy Transition Programme, DNV
- Brendan Devlin, Strategy & Foresight, Directorate General for Energy, European Commission
- Christophe McGlade, Head of the Energy Supply Unit, International Energy Agency
Registration for the event is on-going via this link and the event details are as follows:
Dates: 24th – 26th 2022
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Cost: Members: TTD$800 + VAT | Non Members: TTD:$1000 + VAT