Launch of the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant for Micro and Small Enterprises
By: NEDCO | August 6th, 2020
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, July 29, 2020: The National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO) is pleased to announce the launch of the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant from the Ministry of Finance in collaboration with NEDCO. As part of its national COVID-19 Relief efforts, the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is offering a relief grant to provide financial assistance to micro and small enterprises (MSEs) that earn less than TT $1,000,000 in annual revenues and were negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Affected MSEs can access up to TT $20,000 in grant funding to help cover business-related expenses such as salaries, rent, stock and other working capital.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant which will be administered by NEDCO:
- Business owners must be a citizen or legal resident of Trinidad and Tobago and be 18 years and over;
- Applicants must have an existing business to apply;
- Unregistered businesses can apply, but applicants must register their company before funds are disbursed;
- The business must earn less than TT $1 million in annual income;
- Any type of legal business can apply, including sole traders;
- Applicants who received other COVID-19 relief benefits are not eligible for the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant;
- Applicants with pending or current criminal court proceedings against them will not be eligible.
The following documents must be submitted to apply for the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant:
- Personal Documents
- Two forms of valid Trinidad and Tobago identification;
- Personal Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) number.
- Business Documents
- Certificate of Registration and/or proof of assignment of a business Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) number;
- Proof of business operations;
- Proof of address.
Interested micro and small enterprises are invited to visit www.nedcottfunding.com for further information, to check their eligibility for the grant and to apply.
The National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO) was established in 2002 by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago with a mandate to develop micro and small enterprises (MSEs) in Trinidad and Tobago whose needs cannot be met by traditional lending agencies. NEDCO offers a wide suite of entrepreneurial development services to help MSEs move from business concept to successful commercialization: small business financing; entrepreneurial training; business assessment; mentorship; business advisory; and client-focused services.
For more information contact:
Francisca Jordan, Marketing and Branding Manager
The National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO)
2nd Floor, NIBTT Building, 14 – 19 Queen’s Park East
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
749-220 (mobile) 821-5800 ext 2093 (office) [email protected] (email)TAGS: