Mr. Charles Pashley – Newly appointed President of the Board of Directors of the T&T Chamber
April 28th, 2021 | Related To: Trinidad Division of the Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry & Commerce
The Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce held its Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 22, 2021 at which a Board of Directors was elected to serve a one-year term over 2021-2022. This meeting was held virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions and as allowed in the company’s by-laws.
Consequent upon this meeting, we are pleased to announce the following:
- Charles Pashley was appointed by the Board to serve a one-year term as President of the Board of Directors of the T&T Chamber.
Mr. Pashley, has over 25 years management experience which includes food retail, restaurant management, manufacturing, distribution, supply chain and has worked with a major international accounting and auditing firm. He is currently the Chief Strategy Officer at ANSA McAl. He has also held positions as the CEO and Director at Prestige Holdings Limited and Smith Robertson and Company Limited. Mr. Pashley is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of the United Kingdom (FCCA) and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Trinidad and Tobago (CA) and is PROSCI Certified.
Mr. Pashley will continue to work alongside Chief Executive Officer Gabriel Faria and Chief Operations Officer, Michelle Gonsalves-Suite.
- Sacha Thompson joined the Board of Directors for the first time. Thompson is the co-founder and CEO of The Customer Experience Company Ltd. (EXCO), a company she started three years ago based on her passion for and understanding of the importance of customer experience, as a key differentiator and growth driver for businesses.
Prior to joining the day-to-day operations of EXco, she performed a consultancy role as COO of WiPay. She has also worked with world-renowned brands like Coca- Cola, Johnson & Johnson and Nestle. Ms. Thompson then enjoyed a stellar ten-year career at Digicel, eventually reaching the position of CEO.
With a BA in Administrative and Commercial Studies combined with Economics from the University of Western, she has strong combination of business acumen and marketing flare. She also holds certification in Customer Journey Mapping and NPS (Net Promoter Score Masterclass).
- David Hadeed was also re-elected to the Board of Directors, having served a previous term.
We take this opportunity to announce and warmly welcome our full Board of Directors for the period 2021/2022:
- Charles Pashley – President
- Kiran Maharaj – Vice President
- David Hadeed – Vice President
- Karen Yip Chuck – Vice President
- Camille Chatoor – Director
- Ian Chinapoo – Director
- Ian Galt – Director
- Jason Julien – Director
- Mark Laquis – Director
- Marc Persaud – Director
- Sonji Pierre Chase – Director
- Christian Stone – Director
- Sacha Thompson – Director
- Reyaz Ahamad – Immediate Past President (Director ex-officio)
- Diane Hadad – Chair, Tobago Division (Director ex-officio)
- Gabriel Faria – Chief Executive Officer (Director ex-officio)
Biographies and photographs for all our directors are available on the T&T Chamber’s website https://chamber.org.tt/about-the-chamber/board-of-directors.