Nominate a Champion of Business, 2022
July 20th, 2022 | Related To: Trinidad Division of the Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry & Commerce
Nominations are now open for the 2022 edition of Champions of Business, the longest-running Business Awards program in Trinidad and Tobago. The categories span six areas of enterprise, and you do not have to be a member of the Chamber to nominate or be nominated. The nomination period is open from July 20 to August 26, 2022.
Champions of Business is the culminating event of the Chamber’s Annual Signature Events. The awards will be presented at the Gala Awards Finale to be held on November 24 at NAPA.
The Awards program is now in its 17th year, having been initiated in 2005. The theme of this year’s event is “Legacy and Leadership”. This theme embodies the enduring characteristics of visionaries and pioneers; encompassing values of strength, sustainability, growth and transition.
Nominations may be made in the following categories:
- Business Hall of Fame (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited). This is a lifetime achievement award presented to individuals.
- Green Agenda (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited). This is to recognise businesses that have placed sustainability at the heart of their operations.
- Internationally Known…T&T Owned Company of the Year (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor Eximbank of Trinidad and Tobago Limited). This is an exporter-centric award that is open to companies only.
- Breakthrough Exporter of the Year (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor Eximbank of Trinidad and Tobago Limited). This is to recognise up-and-coming exporters. It is open to individuals or companies.
- Entrepreneurship (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor the Trinidad and Tobago Unit Trust Corporation). This is to recognise the most innovative and creative individuals or businesses that have made their mark.
- Business Technology (with exclusive Signature Platinum Sponsor bmobile BUSINESS). To recognise an individual or business that is offering an innovative tech solution.
Please see the accompanying photo and note the following:
Left to Right:
1. Mr. Mario Singh, Assistant Manager, Corporate Sustainability, The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited
2. Mr. Navin Dookeran, Chief Executive Officer, Eximbank of Trinidad and Tobago Limited
3. Mr. Charles Pashley, President, T&T Chamber
4. Ms. Kiran Maharaj, Senior Vice President, T&T Chamber
5. Mr. Darryl Duke – Assistant General Manager, Business Sales (Ag.), TSTT
6. Mr. Christian Stone, Director, T&T Chamber
7. Missing in photo is Mr. Emile Clifton, Assistant Vice President, Reputation Management – TTUTC sponsor of the Entrepreneurship Award
Nominating is easy! Simply go to our website, www.chamber.org.tt, click “Nominate a Champion” on the home page and it will take you to the criteria and the nominations forms, plus other information.